In Detroit, strange things can happen.
What does a Duke, a Former Street Doctor & Prostitute and A Pimp with a very big gun have to do with one another in 21st City of Detroit?
Find out in Tanner’s Devil.
Can an urban woman find love in a world not her own? Or give it up and accept her fate with her ex-pimp?
Tanner’s struggling trying to get away from the gritty streets of Detroit she was born and raised on. With a pimp as an ex-boyfriend, who’s constantly trying to get her back in the business and back in his arms, Tanner knows she’s got to better her situation immensely and get out the city all together because Donetello just doesn’t want to let go. Yet, with less than twenty-four hours to raise a large amount of money, Tanner knows she has to either work her ass off literally or give up her dream and return to Donetello’s eagerly waiting arms for security and peace of mind.
Devlin Sanchez has waited his whole life for this one moment. He’s saved himself for only the woman he would be with forever – his wife, but when he catches his bride in the arms of his best man and brother, he’s driven to circumstances that leave him unexpectedly wanting more of what he should have never had – Tanner.
AUTHOR, BLOGGER, MOTHER, SPEAKER, JOURNALIST, RADIO HOST, CONSULTANT & MORE!
Sylvia Hubbard knew she’d wanted to be a writer of romance long before she knew there were black writers in the world. Weaving stories magically as a summer past time to writing stories to get through the humdrum of school, she was able to create something from nothing.
Today, she has independently published over 37 books, is the founder of Motown Writers Network and The AA Electronic Literary Network, CEO of HubBooks Literary Services, runs over five blogs on a variety of subjects, host The Michigan Literary Network Radio Show and is a happily divorced mother of three children in Detroit, Michigan.
“I’m no superwoman,” she states with a smile that seems infinite on her lips. “I’m just being an asset in the world instead of a liability.”
Considered an addicted blogger by HoneyTechblog.com, nominated and recognized for her literary work in the Metro Detroit area, referred to as “A Literary Diva” by Detroit City Council and donned “Cliffhanger Queen” by her readers, she finds solace in speaking and educating on a variety of topics.
Her subjects range from Social Media, Internet Marketing, Creative Intimacy, Single Parenting, Blogging, E-Books, Publishing (all aspects i.e.: writing, publishing, marketing & promoting online & offline), and personal triumphs with inspiration mixed in.
Never a disappointment, Sylvia Hubbard, has spoken in front of thousands all over the United States and Canada.
The Literary World of Sylvia Hubbard
Founder of Motown Writers Network & The African American Electronic Literary Network & Motown Romance Network, Editor of The Essence of Motown Literary Journal.
Owner of HubBooks Literary Service and Co-Founder of Essence of Motown Writers Alliance Literary Conference
Moderator of Detroit Writers Galore & Lulu’s Romance Writers
Board Member of National Association of Black Writers, Michigan Black Independent Publishers
Present and Past Member of Great Lakes Booksellers Assc, National Association of Black Journalist-Detroit, Sisters In Crime, Black Writers Association, Romance Writers of America, World Romance Writers, Erotic Author’s Association, Real Sister Writers & Essentially Woman Literary Group, & Great Lakes Publishers Assc., Authors Supporting Authors (ASA), The Society of Midland Authors, The Michigan Reading Association
• Voted by Romance Book Cafe as a Favorite Author
• Spirit of Detroit Winner for 2005 by Detroit City Council
• 2006 State of Michigan Governor’s Certificate of Tribute Emerging Minority Business Leader Award
• 2005 Stone’s Revenge Voted Best African-American Mystery by Mojolist.com
• 2006 Triumphant SPIRIT Award Winner (acknowledging Legacy of Bessie Mae Downey Rhoades Martin) by Sigma Gamma Rho Sorority, Inc – Rho Sigma Chapter
• 2006 EbonyAuthor.com To Look Out For
• 2007 National Association of Women Business Owners (NAWBO) Greater Detroit Chapter’s Top 10 Michigan Business Giving Spirit Award Nominee
• 2007 Erotic Showdown Author Nominee by Publisher’s Market.
• 2007 Who’s Who In Black Detroit listing. (2nd Edition)
• 2007 National Inspiration Role Model Month (November) Literary Leader Award
• 2007 Powerful Visionary Award by Sigma Gamma Rho Sorority, Inc – Rho Sigma Chapter
• 2008 SORMAG.com Readers Choice Award The Best Multi-Cultural Self-Published Author of the Year
• 2008 Facilitator at Idlewild Dubois Writing Workshop
• 2008 Detroit Literary Empowerment Community Champion for Motown Writers Network
• 2008 Distinguish Service Award Recipient from Detroit City Council
• 2008 NaNoWriMo Winner for Eve’s Deception @ 56992 words
• 2008 Metro Times The Best of Detroit Recipient – Best Literary Host and Literacy Booster
• 2009 Black Author Network Community Literary Legend Author
• 2009 Who’s Who In Black Detroit listing. (3rd Edition)
• 2011 Shortie Award Nominee